MICROSOFT SQL SERVER 2019 STANDARD 2-CORE
Ready for shipment, delivery time 24h
- Item no: SW10152
- Manufacturer no: 7NQ-01564
- Duration: Permanently valid
- Language: All languages
- Country zone: IN
|Minimum licensing||4 Core Pro Server|
|Scope of delivery||Download + License|
The edition SQL Server 2019 Standard 2-Core is currently the latest version of the worldwide used reliable relational data platform from Microsoft; because it provides all currently important database, reporting and analysis functions that are needed in a modern company that uses, for example, enterprise resource planning systems, ERP software or CRM systems, etc. and must be able to rely on a powerful Relational Database Management System (RDMS), which can meet all these requirements and is also Cloud-enabled.
If you have any further questions about the product, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service.
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Standard 2-Core
The SQL Server 2019 Standard 2-Core edition is currently the most up-to-date version of the globally used reliable relational data platform from Microsoft; because it provides all the currently important database, reporting and analysis functions that are required in a modern company that uses, for example, enterprise resource planning systems, ERP software or CRM systems, etc. and must be able to rely on a powerful relational database Management system (RDMS) that can meet all these requirements and is also Cloud-capable.
The SQL Server Standard Edition 2-Core provides a basic data management and Business intelligence database with which small and medium-sized companies in particular can reliably run Business-type applications. For this purpose, the Standard-Edition offers various development tools, which are intended for local use as well as the Cloud, and enables efficient database management due to the minimal need of IT resources.
Highly scalable Cloud services as well as Always Encrypted with secure enclaves and extensibility - including Java language integration - are among the important integrated functionalities here. The comprehensive integration of the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), with Apache Spark as well as other analysis tools fully supported by Microsoft, simplifies the management of your comprehensive data in the form of Big Data clusters in SQL Server 2019 Standard. Added to this is the use of containers for the entire data set in all processes - starting with development and ending with production.
Furthermore, this SQL Server edition allows you to break down data silos without having to move or replicate the data first. Database compatibility certification avoids application incompatibilities and allows you to update your SQL Server database not only locally, but also on the periphery and in the Cloud.
In terms of security and compliance, you also have integrated functions for classifying as well as protecting your data: SQL Server 2019 monitors it reliably and warns of suspicious activities.
For the SQL Server 2019 Standard edition, the - here described - Core-based licensing is also possible, which is especially attractive for larger companies or organizations with correspondingly more powerful servers and for which the server license/CAL variant is therefore not applicable.
At Wiresoft you can find the SQL Server 2019 Standard 2-Core Edition as fully functional used software at a significantly lower price compared to new software - offering all known advantages in terms of functionality, performance and security. Detailed information about the new features of SQL Server 2019 Standard 2-Core as well as the related Microsoft licensing terms for SQL Server software is provided in the following overview.
What's new in SQL Server 2019 Standard 2-Core? Comparison with previous version of SQL Server 2019 Standard
Compared to its predecessor, the SQL Server 2019 Standard version is characterized not only by an expansion of functions and features and improved performance as well as better scalability, but also by the addition of a whole range of innovative functions - including new analysis tools that can also process and evaluate large volumes of data, as is typical for Big Data Management, quickly and reliably so that they are comprehensively available for the respective enterprise applications.
With SQL Server 2019 Standard 2-Core, you can now move your Big Data workloads into SQL Server - previously, only management on other Hadoop-based local platforms was possible.
Similarly, external databases such as Oracle, Teradata, Mongo DB, HDFS as well as Azure Data Lake can now be queried using built-in connectors without the need to physically move or replicate the data first.
Further, SQL Server 2019 Standard 2-Core also provides features such as intelligent query processing as well as accelerated database recovery, resulting in a huge performance boost. Other features are described in the overview below.
The innovative features of SQL Server 2019 Standard 2-Core at a glance
Among the particularly noteworthy features of SQL Server 2019 Standard 2-Core for comprehensive data processing, in addition to the clustering of data, is monitoring for its systematic collection during logging and measurements, as well as the intelligent processing of search queries. Big Data clusters in particular expand the use of data in many ways.
Data virtualization with Big Data Cluster
In particular, with the integration of Big Data clusters into SQL Server 2019 Standard 2-Core, a whole range of options are now available for using, analyzing and deploying large amounts of data:
- Big Data Clusters enables the deployment of scalable clusters of SQL Server-, Spark and HDFS containers based on Kubernetes. These also run in parallel so that data from Transact-SQL or Spark can be read, written as well as processed simultaneously.
- SQL Server PolyBase allows querying data silos of external data sources without having to move or copy the data first.
- Data Lakes in SQL Server 2019 Standard: The scalable HDFS storage pool can be used to store Big Data from various external sources. After storing them as Big Data clusters, the data can be analyzed and also combined with relational data.
- Data Mart provides horizontal scaling of SQL Server Big Data clusters, improving performance for data analytics. This also allows data from multiple sources to be ingested via data pool nodes as a cache.
- AI and machine learning tasks can now be run on HDFS storage pools using SQL Server Big Data clusters.
- Spark and its integrated AI tools can be used with R, Python, Scala and Java, among others.
- App deployment allows applications to be deployed to SQL Server Big Data clusters as containers and apps in the form of web services. In doing so, these can access the data stored in the Big Data cluster.
Improved Performance SQL Server 2019 Standard 2-Core
For the scalability and performance of certain functions as well as high availability, the following information, among others, applies to SQL Server 2019 Standard 2-Core Edition:
- Intelligent Database improves query performance with a number of database features, such as intelligent query processing, without requiring changes to applications. This includes delayed compilation of table variables as well as inlining of user-defined scalar functions and nested execution with table value functions.
- Various in-memory database features with in-memory OLTP1, hybrid buffer pool and buffer pool extension, and persistent memory support and memory-optimized tempdb metadata - improve performance for mission-critical workloads.
- Plus Higher scalability and performance withColumnstore, large object binaries in grouped columnstore indexes, in-memory database as well as persistent memory support, Stretch Database, support for up to 50 instances, table and index partitioning as well as data compression, parallel processing for partitioned tables and multiple filestream containers.
- High availability through Server Core support, log shipping, database mirroring and snapshot, backup compression, Always on-failover cluster instances, failoverServer for disaster recovery, and enhanced database recovery and encrypted backup.
- Always Enc rypted not only protects sensitive customer data with secure enclaves, but also enables more complex operations to be performed on secure database columns. These also extend the trust boundary from client applications to the server side without SQL Server, operating system, databases or a system administrator having access to them, making it possible to securely execute operations with sensitive data in plain text.
- Row-levelsecurity , with dynamic data masking, transparent database encryption and extensible key management, as well as data classification and monitoring and user-defined roles.
SQL Server 2019 Edition Scaling Limits Standard 2-Core:
The following information applies primarily to the Standard edition.
The maximum computing capacity that can be used by a single instance of SQL Server 2019 Standard:
- SQL Server-database engine: less than 4 sockets or 24 cores
- Analysis or Reporting Services: less than 4 sockets or 24 cores
Maximum memory that can be used by a single instance of the SQL Server-database engine:
- Buffer pool: 128 GB
- Columnstore segment cache: 32 GB
- Reporting Services: 64 GB
- Analysis Services: 16 GB2 (tabular) or 32 GB (MOLAP)
Maximum relational database size for SQL Server 2019 in Standard edition:
- 524 PB
Licensing from SQL Server 2019 Standard to Server-Cores
For the SQL Server 2019 Standard edition, the Core licensing introduced with the 2016 Server-version of Microsoft is optionally available. In contrast to older versions, where the number of cores of a processor was irrelevant for licensing, a different licensing metric now applies here: For Core-based licensing, the number of cores forms the basis for determining the license requirement with the corresponding 2-Core packages. Two cores can thus be licensed with one Core license, unlike in the past where only one Pro processor license was required.
The total license requirement for a Server thus results from its maximum number of cores, whereby each physical Core of a server requires its own license. In principle thereby 8 licenses are taken as minimum Pro Server ; here Microsoft defined thus the following conditions:
- 1. Each physical processor is calculated with at least 8 cores.
- 2. Each physical Server is computed with at least 16 cores.
- 3. All physical and active cores are licensed according to the conditions 1 and 2.
- 4. Core-Licenses for SQL Server 2019 Standard are always available as packages of 2.
Software and hardware requirements for running SQL Server 2019 Standard 2-Core
To use SQL Server 2019 Standard in an appropriate operating environment, the following software and hardware requirements must be met:
- Supported operating systems: at least Windows 10, Windows Server 2019, 2012 R2
- Hard disk space: at least 6 GB - depending on the SQL Server components installed in each case
- Working memory: at least 4 GB
- Graphics: Super VGA graphics card with 800x600 pixel minimum resolution
- Processor type: x64 processor - AMD Opteron, AMD Athlon 64, Intel Xeon with Intel EM64T, Intel Pentium IV with EM64T
- Processor speed: minimum 1.4 GHz - recommended: 2.0 GHz or faster
FAQs about Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Standard 2-Core as Wiresoft used software
The used software for SQL Server 2019 Standard 2-Core offered at Wiresoft is no different from a new server license in terms of its usability - in part because software does not wear out. Typical questions about used SQL Server licenses include:
Where did the used SQL Server 2019 Standard 2-Core license come from?
The used SQL Server 2019 Standard 2-Core license software offered in the Wiresoft store comes from companies that usually purchased it new and resold it to Wiresoft. With the resale or offer in the Wiresoft store, this is marked as used software, but it can be used like a new license.
Is there buyer security for used SQL Server 2019 Standard 2-Core licenses?
Yes: Wiresoft Used software at SQL Server 2019 Standard 2-Core offers customers the same advantages as when purchasing a comparable new Server software: Buyer security through the immediate download after completed purchase and the immediate license activation with the included valid license Key.
Is it legal to buy and use used SQL Server 2019 Standard 2-Core software?
Yes: At Wiresoft you can trust that for customers not only the purchase of SQL Server 2019 Standard 2-Core as used software, but also its actual use does not violate any laws, because: This offered software comes from a company's licensed inventory. This is important, because the valid jurisdiction does not only permit the trade with Microsoft used software, but also its use; these facts were already confirmed several times by different court decisions.
What other advantages does used SQL Server 2019 Standard 2-Core software have?
Used software from Wiresoft has the economic advantage for our customers that it allows them to update their software inventories much more cheaply in order to be up to date. This is also reflected in the operating costs because used software from Wiresoft also offers audit security due to the complete proof of all buyers!
At Wiresoft you will find not only the edition SQL Server 2019 Standard 2-Core as inexpensive used software, but also the Standard-edition with Server/CAL licensing as well as other editions of SQL Server 2019, in addition to older versions of Microsoft SQL Server; the wide-ranging Wiresoft used software portfolio also includes many other Microsoft programs - with all the advantages mentioned. If you have any questions about your Core-based licensing of SQL Server 2019 Standard or any other edition, please feel free to use our expert advice in chat or by email or phone.