Both editions SQL Server 2022 Standard and SQL Server 2022 Enterprise can be found in Wiresoft Software Shop after the official release date as used software -you will immediately benefit from their lower price compared to the respective available new software.
The following overview presents the most important functionalities of SQL Server 2022 as well as the edition differences between the Standard and Enterprise Edition. For more information, please contact one of our representatives.
Important functionalities of SQL Server 2022 Standard and Enterprise
Among the most important features of the SQL Server 2022 version are again central features such as the highly scalable cloud services as well as the Microsoft data encryption technology Always Encrypted, in addition to the possibility to cluster data. Especially the use of Big Data clusters expands in in SQL Server 2022 the options or application areas in the analysis and processing of large amounts of data, for example, through the intelligent processing of search queries and the use of containers in all essential processes.
SQL Server 2022 also offers a high standard of data protection in terms of security with features such as accelerated database recovery as well as classification of data in reliable monitoring. More detailed information on the individual functional areas is provided in the following overview.
Big Data Cluster - Buy SQL Server 2022
SQL Server 2022 offers all the prerequisites for powerful Big Data management, which is indispensable when analyzing and processing large amounts of data. To this end, this version again includes powerful tools to process and handle data quickly as well, making it available to companies for various applications. This includes intelligent query processing as well as the ability to move Big Data workloads into SQL Server instead of managing them locally on Hadoop-based platforms, for example. In addition, SQL Server 2022 Standard and Enterprise offer the following features:
- Built-in connectors as well as SQL Server PolyBase to query external databases such as Oracle, Teradata, Mongo DB, HDFS, as well as Azure Data Lake, if applicable, without first physically moving or replicating the data
- Deploying scalable clusters on SQL Server, Spark and HDFS containers with Kubernetes for parallel querying and writing and processing data with Transact-SQL
- Running AI and machine learning tasks in HDFS storage pools
- Deploying applications as containers as well as apps in the form of web services
- The scalable HDFS storage pool Data Lake can be used to store data as well as combine it from various external sources
- Data Martcan be used to scale Big Data clusters horizontally, improving data analytics performance
- Plus the use of AI tools as well as Spark with R, Python, Scala, and Java
Reliable performance from SQL Server 2022
For query processing as well as other key operations, SQL Server 2022 features its usual high scalability and reliable performance ensured by its high availability - including Server Core support, failover servers for disaster recovery, and Always On failover cluster instances for enhanced database recovery including encrypted backup.
For large object binaries, features such as Columnstore and In-Memory Database with In-Memory OLTP1, a hybrid buffer pool and persistent memory are also available to optimize performance, especially for mission-critical workloads. SQL Server 2022 supports parallel processing of partitioned tables and multiple filestream containers with features such as Stretch Database, table and index partitioning and data compression, with up to 50 instances.
Improved security - Buy SQL Server 2022
As before, the security aspect in a relational database system plays an important role in the processing as well as the availability of especially large amounts of data in order to prevent any unauthorized access to it. In SQL Server 2022, the Always Encrypted feature is an effective function that protects sensitive data with secure enclaves and also supports the secure execution of typical operations.
Secure database columns can be used to define the trust boundary for client applications on the server side in such a way that neither the SQL Server nor other databases or a system administrator can access them. Operations that require the use of confidential data in plain text can thus be performed more securely.
Other security features include transparent database encryption with extensible key management, as well as row-level security and dynamic data masking, in addition to custom role management.
Exclusive features and capabilities of SQL Server 2022 Enterprise Edition
Compared to the Standard Edition of SQL Server 2022, the Enterprise Edition offers a significant plus in terms of both scalability of functions and additional features for Big Data processing.
Scalability and high availability
In terms of scalability, SQL Server 2022 Enterprise is expected to provide the maximum of the operating system or memory and that of the SQL Server database engine per instance or feature with a previous maximum relational database size of 524 PB:
- Analysis Services
- Reporting Services
- Buffer pool Memory
- Columnstore segment cache
- Memory-optimized data size
Scaling is available for both grouped and ungrouped columnstore indexes, in-memory OLTP, memory-optimized tempdb metadata with persistent memory support, Stretch Database, and Service Broker, which is designed as a framework for sending messages within and between databases, and for developing highly scalable applications with asynchronous communication. Scaling is also available with table and index partitioning, batch mode for rowstore, delayed compilation of table variables, and with inlining of user-defined scalar functions.
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise's high availability features include Server Core support, fast online page and file recovery, database mirroring and backup compressions. Multiple secondary databases can be maintained without shared storage with Always On failover cluster instances and Always On availability as well as basic availability groups. In addition, storage can be added while the system is running.
More exclusive features - Buy SQL Server 2022 Enterprise
In addition to increased scalability, the following key performance enhancement features are available in SQL Server 2022 Enterprise Edition:
- Intelligent Query Processing (IQP) refers to a set of optimized processes for fast query processing on large data sets. For example, the APPROX_COUNT_DISTINCT(expression) function can deliver significantly faster results in large Big Data tables; while Table Variable Deferred Compilation uses the actual number of rows for a table variable instead of the default value of 1 for better performance. Further, Scalar UDF Inlining incorporates calls to user-defined functions into the main query, and Batch Mode on Rowstore (BMOR) can reduce CPU usage.
- Intelligent Performance refers to a set of improvements in the execution speed of database operations.
- Enabling Lightweight Query Profiling Infrastructure by default allows to quickly obtain Row Count and I/O Usage information
- Accelerated Database Recovery (ADR) provides faster database recovery, e.g. after a reboot, or accelerated rollback for long-running transactions.
- Big Data Cluster (BDC) in SQL Server 2022 is a Linux-based container cluster in Kubernetes or Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS) consisting of SQL Server and Apache Spark, with storage in the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) using different storage providers.
- Secure Enclaves allow encrypted data to be processed in a segregated black box on the database server in plain text.
- The Database Snapshot feature creates a snapshot of the database, for example to document its status; Last Query Plan Statistics also provides a view of current queries.
Licensing of SQL Server 2022 Standard and Enterprise editions
The licensing of the SQL Server 2022 version will presumably again be in accordance with the usual provisions specified by Microsoft license management: For the Standard Edition, there is a choice between core-based licensing and the combination of server license plus client access license for users or end devices; the Enterprise Edition can only be licensed core-based. These rules also apply when purchasing used software for SQL Server 2022.
- Core-based licensing of SQL Server 2022 requires the purchase of a SQL Server Core license for each virtual processor in a VM or container. Microsoft always sets a minimum of 4 core licenses per VM/container.
- This means that the number of virtual servers is taken into account in addition to the number of physical core processors.
- A single SQL Server 2022 license covers 2 physical processor cores.
In addition, there are further provisions for calculating the server capacity, which you can find out from a Wiresoft representative by e-mail or directly in the chat or by phone.
- When licensing SQL Server 2022 Standard with a combination of server license and client access license, in addition to the server license, each user or end device that accesses the SQL Server must also be equipped with its own CAL.
Client Access licenses for users or end devices for SQL Server 2022 are also available as used software from Wiresoft.
Buy the SQL Server 2022 Standard and Enterprise editions as used software from Wiresoft
The two new editions of SQL Server 2022 - Standard and Enterprise - are available from Wiresoft as used software. Thereby you profit from these advantages:
- Trading and using a Microsoft SQL Server 2022 edition as used software is legal, because it is allowed by law.
- Therefore, when you buy a used license from Wiresoft, you acquire a legal and original Microsoft SQL Server 2022 product.
- This product is equipped with a valid license key - it is not a limited-use or time-limited trial version of SQL Server 2022.
- The designation of a SQL Server 2022 edition as Microsoft "Used Software" also does not mean that there are any restrictions on the functionality of the software.
- Wiresoft has tested the used software of SQL Server 2022 Editions Standard and Enterprise for full functionality before resale.
If you have any further questions about Microsoft SQL Server 2022 Edition or Client Access licensing, please contact us via chat, phone or e-mail.