MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVER 2022 STANDARD 16-CORE
Ready for shipment, delivery time 24h
- Item no: SW10459
- Manufacturer no: P73-08330
- Duration: Permanently valid
- Language: All languages
- Country zone: IN
Are you a business customer
or do you have legal questions?
I'm here for you.
Microsoft Licensing Professional (MLP)
|Scope of delivery||Download + License|
Windows Server 2022 is the new server operating system from . It is based on 10 and offers even more security and options for sharing data, applications and , which meets the highest requirements. With an appropriate access license (Client License), with a 2022 license, two virtual computers can use a Hyper-V host for virtualization. Standard Microsoft Windows Services Access User Microsoft Windows Server Standard Plus
For further questions about the product, please contact our customer service.
Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Standard - higher security for networks
Windows Server 2022 Standard is the new server operating system from Microsoft. It is based on Windows 10 and offers even more security and options for sharing data, applications and Services, which meets the highest requirements. With an appropriate access license (Client Access License), User with a Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Standard license, two virtual computers Plus can use a Hyper-V host for virtualization.
Windows Server 2022 Standard has been enhanced with many new features, especially in the area of security, and existing features have been extended or improved. These include the standard activation of the latest version ofTransport Layer Security (TLS): 1.3, the new AES-256 encryption for SMB and support for encryption over RDMA networks via SMB Direct using AES-128.
In addition, there are extended possibilities for the integration and management of hybrid features, numerous improvements to the Windows Admin Center and performance improvements for Windows containers as well as UDP and TCP, storage optimizations for Storage Spaces Direct and Microsoft Edge as Standard browser.
The Standard edition of Windows Server 2022 with Windows 10 as operating system offers in particular smaller data centers many possibilities with the virtualization, which reliably protect data and applications in multi-Cloud environments by the improved scalability, a strong performance as well as effective security functions.
Licensing of the Windows Server 2022 Standard edition is again Core-based, with Pro Server 16 cores as the minimum number.
At Wiresoft you can find Windows Server 2022 Standard already now as used software at a reasonable price - without any limitations in the performance of this edition in virtualization, security or performance. For more information on all features and functions of the Windows Server 2022 Standard edition as well as licensing, please see the overview below - or contact a Wiresoft representative directly.
What's new in Windows Server 2022 Standard? The most important features at a glance
The new version of the Microsoft server operating system Windows Server 2022 is based on Windows 10, which also shows visually, so User will find all functions in a familiar place. The new Windows Server 2022 also receives 10 years of product support from Microsoft in the form of support and updates.
Compared to the previous version, Windows Server 2022 has above all many innovations in the three important topics: Security, Application Platform as well as Migration.
Security in Windows Server 2022 Standard
Windows Server with its new multi-layered security, 2022 offers the comprehensive protection that enterprise servers now urgently require to ensure the availability of data and Services. This is provided by the following new features and enhancements, among others:
- TPM 2.0 (Trusted Platform Module 2.0) provides hardware-based secure storage for cryptographic keys and data, as well as system integrity measurement, including verification of the legitimacy or trustworthiness of code when the Windows server is started. This hardware-based trustworthiness is also used in BitLocker drive encryption, among other applications.
- Firmware protection is provided by the Secured-Core server processors, which use Dynamic Root of Trust for Measurement (DRTM) technology to support boot verification, as well as isolated driver access to memory via Direct Memory Access (DMA) protection.
- The Secured-Core-Server also support code integrity according to VBS Standard (virtualization-based security) as well as via HVCI (hypervisor-based security). The hardware virtualization features used by VBS thereby establish a secure working memory area that is isolated from the operating system, thereby protecting the Server in particular from such risks as are present in cryptocurrency mining attacks.
- Furthermore, VBS enables the use of Credential Guard, where user login information is stored in a virtual container that cannot be accessed directly by the operating system.
- HTTPS and TLS 1.3 are now enabled by default on Windows Server 2022 Standard to ensure secure connections. TLS1.3 (Transport Layer Security) is the latest version of the most widely used security protocol on the Internet when encrypting data to provide a secure communication channel between two endpoints.
- Secure DNS in Windows Server 2022 Standard supports DoH (DNS-over-HTTPS) to encrypt DNS queries using the HTTPS protocol, preventing eavesdropping and DNS data tampering, which also contributes to traffic security.
- SMB (Server Message Block) in Windows Server 2022 now uses the AES-256-GCM and AES-256-CCM standards for encryption, these are automatically used as soon as a connection is established with another computer that also supports them.
- Encryption using SMB Direct and RDMA (Remote Direct Memory Access) in Windows Server 2022 provides higher bandwidth as well as lower latency for direct storage, storage replica, Hyper-V and SQL Server, among others.
- In addition, failover clusters in Windows Server 2022 enable granular encryption control of CSV (Cluster Shared Volumes,) and SBL (Storage Bus Layer).
Container applications in Windows Server 2022 Standard
There are also numerous optimizations to the platform when using Windows containers, for example in application compatibility as well as the Windows container user interface with Kubernetes.
- The image size of Windows-Containers has been reduced up to 40%, which increases startup time by 30% as well as improves performance.
- The use of Kubernetes has been simplified by, among other things, better support of containers for host processes when configuring nodes, IPv6 as well as the implementation of network policies with the open source application Calico.
- In addition, the Windows Admin Center has been updated to simplify container creation for .NET applications.
Storage and migration in Windows Server 2022 Standard
Many improvements to Storage Migration Services in Windows Server 2022 make it easier to migrate storage to Windows Server as well as other source storage locations to Azure, among other things. To do this, the Storage Migration Server orchestrator in Windows Server 2022 provides the following options:
- Migrate local users or groups to Windows Server
- Migrating storage to and from failover clusters, as well as migrating between standalone servers and failover clusters
- Migrate storage from Linux servers that use Samba
- Migrating to Azure networks
- Migrating NetApp CIFS servers or NetApp FAS arrays to Windows Server
- Customizable storage repair speed provides more control over the data synchronization process: resources can be allocated to repair data copies (resilience) or to run active workloads (performance). Clusters can thus be managed more flexibly and efficiently.
- Storage bus cache now provides storage on standalone servers, improving read and write performance and increasing efficiency by connecting faster media such as NVMe or SSD to slower media such as HDD.
- SMB compression eliminates the need to manually compress files when transferring them over the network, allowing for faster transfers on busy networks, for example.
Other improvements in Windows Server 2022 Standard
In addition, the new Windows Server 2022 version includes a number of individual optimizations that also improve performance:
- Nested Virtualization support on AMD processors in Windows Server 2022 provides more options in environment hardware to run Hyper-V on a Hyper-V virtual machine (VM).
- Microsoft Edge is included by default in Windows Server 2022. Edge is based on Chromium open source and provides more security than Internet Explorer, which it replaces.
- Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) performance has been improved with the use of TCP HyStart++, which reduces packet loss, and with RACK (Recent ACKnowledgment) to reduce retransmit timeouts (RTO) during retransmissions.
- RSC (Receive Segment Coalescing) provides optimizations for virtual switches in Hyper-V, allowing packets to be aggregated in the hypervisor network and thus processed as larger segments. This reduces CPU cycles and improves network traffic performance.
Hardware requirements for running Windows Server 2022 Standard
Windows Server 2022 is based on the Windows 10 operating system. To take advantage of all the features of the Server application and to ensure security, the underlying hardware must meet all the minimum requirements listed below. Additional requirements depend on the particular system configuration as well as other installed applications.
- Processor: 1.4 GHz 64-bit
- Memory: 512 MB (2 GB for Server with Desktop installation option)
- HDD: 32 GB free hard disk space
- BIOS: UEFI system with secure boot (UEFI 2.3.1c) for certain features
- Graphics card and monitor: 1,024 x 768 pixels
Licensing from Windows Server 2022 Standard
The licensing of a server with the new Windows Server 2022 Standard Edition is also carried out as used software in accordance with the Microsoft license provisions, whereby the number of cores is used as a benchmark for calculating the license requirement. The following provisions shall apply:
- The Windows Server 2022 Standard Edition is generally licensed on the basis of the physical hardware used. In addition to the number of physical Core processors, the number of virtual Server processors is also taken into account.
- A Server license always covers 2 physical processor cores.
- According to the Microsoft license terms, a minimum number of 8 cores Pro processor is always taken as a basis - even if the actually existing hardware has less than 8 cores.
- For each physical Server at least 2 processors are applied, which results in the minimum number of 16 cores.
- Serverhardware with more than 16 cores must be additionally licensed with corresponding packages to Windows Server 2022 Standard.
For further regulations, e.g. regarding the licensing of Hyper-V instances as well as clients - users as well as end devices - accessing the Windows Server 2022 Standard, please contact a Wiresoft representative. Corresponding licenses/CALs for Windows Server 2022 Standard are also available from Wiresoft.
Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Standard buy as used software in the Wiresoft software store
The current 2021 released MS Windows Server Standard 2022 edition is already offered as used software in the Wiresoft software store. The price as used software is more favorable than that of a corresponding new product of Windows Server Standard 2022. With the purchase of used software with Wiresoft you profit thereby from these advantages:
- When you buy Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Standard from Wiresoft you get an original single license, which was previously purchased by a company and sold to Wiresoft.
- Upon resale, this MS Windows Server 2022 Standard license will be marked as used without "used" implying any restrictions on the functionality of the Windows Server software or implying that this license has already been used.
- If the first purchaser has already installed or activated the MS Windows Server 2022 Standard software, the license was deleted again when selling it to Wiresoft, so that the corresponding software license is 100% freely available again.
- The offered MS Windows Server 2022 Standard license, like other used Microsoft licenses offered for sale by Wiresoft, are neither limited usable nor time limited trial versions, they do not contain an already activated license-Key, but it is a software product authorized after your purchase only for yourself.
- All used licenses purchased from Wiresoft and offered for resale, such as MS Windows Server Standard 2022, have also been tested by us for full usability prior to sale.
- The legal basis for the resale of the used Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Standard license is the applicable law, which allows the sale and purchase as well as the use of used software.
- Immediately after your successfully completed purchase, your MS Windows Server 2022 Standard application will be available to you via Electronic Software Delivery (ESD).
- Thus, when purchasing used licenses such as the Standard edition of Windows Server 2022 from Wiresoft, you can be sure that you are always purchasing and using a legal and genuine Microsoft product.
If you have any further questions about your purchase of Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Standard as used software or any other edition of MS Windows Server 2022 as well as older MS Windows Server versions or any other Microsoft software, please feel free to contact us by email, phone or chat.